Thursday, April 24, 2008

The King vs. King 3000

By the photo to the left, you could probably imagine the subject of this post.  That's right everyone this one is about the King.

I love this ad campaign, which probably says a lot about my sense of humor that I should discuss with a psychiatric professional.  I don't really know why, but the character of the King makes me laugh no matter what he is doing.  I think it may be the permanent expression on his face.  I enjoy the creepy situations that he is put in, whether he's outside of your window in the morning looking in, or if he's actually in your bedroom with a delectable breakfast.  He is a creepy guy, but I find it extremely funny.  I also enjoyed the Big Bucking Chicken, but he must have fallen out of favor with the ad gurus.  I liked that if you heard the jingle or song you could never tell if the word "bucking" was actually a similarly spelled word starting with an "f".  I miss that bucking chicken.

Now, they have been running these futuristic BK Lounge (Dane Cook reference) commercials.  I am disappointed and actually creeped out by the futuristic King, who is known as King 3000.  I mean he is still creepy, but now the King is a robot, which creeps me out more.  King 3000 floats around providing BK food stuffs.  I wish they would stick with the King.  I also was really digging the moms in the minivan who would try to take the King out.  

Anyway, which King do you prefer? Or which do you find creepier/funnier?

Peace up, A-town down,
Doche 

1 comment:

Brownman said...

I get the creeps by both of the kings. I totally agree that they need to bring back the bucking chicken