Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's time for a Pep Talk...


And who better to give a rousing Pep Talk than the King of Pep Talks, Lou Holtz.  I nearly forgot how awesome it was to hear the aging coach of Notre Dame fame, give a Pep Talk to the team that was destine to lose.

Sure some would say that these Pep Talks were curses, and only jinxed the teams that received them.  I however believe that it was only a curse if spittle did not hit the camera lens, and since we all know Lou has some range, then it was only a 50-50 shot that the Pep Talk was a curse rather than a blessing.  The beauty of the talk was trying to decipher what Lou was saying.  I will say that the best thing about the Pep Talks were that I was not in the front row.  I did feel bad for the camera man, but then I remembered they were probably zoomed in.

I am hoping that Lou never gives a Pep Talk to the teams I am rooting for.  I have heard that there is a Lou Holtz Pep Talk drinking game.  It won't be this first weekend of College Football, but I think I will have to at least attempt to play the game one Saturday this 2008 season.  

Who's in?  Which is your favorite Pep Talk?  Mine was the Notre Dame Pep Talk for the Navy vs. Notre Dame game of 2007.

I'm pretty, awesome.
Doche

No comments: