Thursday, January 29, 2009

How do you write 'em?

So, I don't blog often, but when I do I have been thoroughly frustrated by the crappy little text area that is used to create my master pieces. I have since been on a mission to find something that will make the experience of crafting a blog entry slightly less painful. At work I blog in order to share ideas, tips, and tricks amongst the developers. At work I use Live Writer, which I will get into in a subsequent blog. At home I have both a PC and a Mac, but most of the blog writing is done on the PowerBook G4, so I need a Live Writer for Mac type of application.

And low and behold, I found Ecto. I have used it all of once prior to this blog post, but it seems okay so far. I'm sure it has a ton of features that I could use, but I am not a huge video or even photo guy. It is nice that from the same application I could if I wanted to post this to all the blogs that are mine. The downside is that this is only a trial version, and it cost $17.95 after the trial, which sucks because the Microsoft offering is completely and totally free. The price is not high, but given my limited blogging, am I really going to pay so that I could blog? I don't think so. Everything I do in the blog world is free, and I would like it to stay that way, otherwise I would never ever blog.

Word,

Doche

No comments: